California Lawyers Representing Employees
There are many employment lawyers who don't have much trial experience. These attorneys are forced to settle cases below value or get rid of them short of trial. At the Law Offices of Stephen M. Murphy in San Francisco, we have a reputation for taking cases all the way to the end. We believe this results in higher recoveries for our clients.
We represent employees in all types of employment law cases, including:
- Employee harassment claims: Abuse that degrades, demeans or intimidates employees based on their protected status such as disability, age or race
- Employee sexual harassment: Unwelcome verbal, visual or physical conduct of a sexual nature by supervisors, co-employees, and others
- Employment discrimination: Failure to hire or promote based on protected status
- Disability discrimination: Failure to accommodate employees who have a disability
- Pregnancy discrimination: Failure to accommodate or grant leave to pregnant employees
- LGBT discrimination and harassment claims: Discrimination and harassment against lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees.
- Family and Medical Leave (FMLA): Denial of family or medical leave to an eligible employee
- Wrongful termination and retaliation claims: Termination or retaliation against employees for exercising a workplace right or complaining of harassment
- Employee wage and hour claims: Failure to pay overtime or other violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Employee class actions: Class actions by employees who have been denied their rights as a result of company-wide policy or practice
Free Attorney Consultation
For more information about employment law or to consult San Francisco employment law attorney Stephen M. Murphy, call 415-986-1338 or fill out the contact form on this website.